Monday, February 8, 2010

Welcome to my Cooking Blog!

I wanted to welcome you all to my new blog.  I've thought about writing a cooking blog for some time now.  Though I spend most of my time chasing after my two girls or writing (I primarily write romance), I also spend a fair amount of time cooking.

I love experimenting in the kitchen, and I hope to share with you not only recipes, but also what seemed to work, what didn't work so well, and any other thoughts I had during the process.  It seems like as of late, I've been scouring through recipes and experimenting even more than usual, since I'm now working part time at a new restaurant.  There's no doubt this will offer up some inspiration.

For the most part, I tend to wing it when I cook-- not too unlike my writing really.  But I promise to do my best to keep track of measurements so that you'll have an accurate recipe to follow.  Though I prefer to cook savory over sweet, my recent job has me baking more than I ever thought possible.  The recipes have been great, so I think there will be a wide variety offered in the postings.

So let the cooking begin!  Thank you for stopping by and happy cooking!

4 comments:

  1. This looks great, Calista! You've already passed along some hints to me that have been great, so I can't wait to see what you "cook up". Sorry - couldn't resist! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! My first follower! : ) Thanks, Jemi! I think this will be lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos look great, Cali. If nothing else, I'll enjoy thinking of the food even if I never taste the meals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Matt! I'll have to get you to try one of the recipes. I specialize in quick and easy, so it won't be so bad. lol. ; )

    ReplyDelete